
... to all of you that so willingly display Christmas-in-the-Form-of-Gaudy on your very own front lawn. Transforming your normal-suburban home to something resembling Disney Land.
Multi-colored, flashing lights. Metallic-tinseled trees. Six-foot tall Snoopies dressed in Santa costumes. Baby Jesus flanked by the Three Stooges in lu of the traditional Three Wisemen. Blow-up snow globes larger than my bedroom.
Yep. Those are the houses to which I refer.
Multi-colored, flashing lights. Metallic-tinseled trees. Six-foot tall Snoopies dressed in Santa costumes. Baby Jesus flanked by the Three Stooges in lu of the traditional Three Wisemen. Blow-up snow globes larger than my bedroom.
Yep. Those are the houses to which I refer.
Can I just say...My girls L-O-V-E you! They scream and holler and clap. Loudly announcing which side of the road the Christmas festivities lie. And there you sit, in all your 130,000-watt glory. Twirling, spinning, and Ho-Ho-Hoing.
Yes, that's right. We drive around looking for you. Trying to find your yard so the girls can squeal and laugh and point. You know, getting in a little family entertainment. The free kind.
And I do appreciate this.
For you add a whole new dimension to our holiday season. This family viewing of your house from a far. Because God knows those blinking, multi-colored, frosted lights and Santa-fied cartoon characters will not be seen in our front yard. Ever.
But I, on behalf of my girls, thank you for being so willing to sacrifice the look of yours. Truly.
Though!! I have to say...I do love this house. Though I'm so glad it's not my neighbor. :)